Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Goodbye USA

Hello friends!
I am about to leave for Ethiopia tomorrow morning, and I am nervous but really excited too. I flew through Ethiopia on my way to Uganda two summers ago, and as soon as I looked out the window, I decided that one day I would actually spend time in Ethiopia. And it's happening! I am going to be teaching/ tutoring in a primary school (kindergarten through 2nd grade) for orphans in one of the poorest neighborhoods of Addis Ababa, the capital. I also might help plan a summer camp they will be running, which sounds like so much fun. Maybe I will teach them field hockey!
Anyway, the flight is lonnngg because I have a ridiculous layover in London, but that's ok because half the fun of traveling is plopping down in the airplane seat, watching movies, and sleeping while people bring you food haha. So I will update you in a few days, as soon as I make it to the other side of the world:)
-Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment