Sunday, July 22, 2012

Back Home

I don't really even know where to start this post. I've been back home for about four days, and it feels strange! Whenever I come back from long trips, it always feels bittersweet. But this time, it seems different. Sometimes, when I am not thinking about it, I feel like I never even went to Ethiopia. Like it was a dream or something. But then a sight or smell makes me feel like I am there again, and it's wonderful.

I feel so lucky to have met such passionate, amazing people. I learned so much from the teachers at my school, like how to build a community out of so many different personalities and how to stay positive through thick and thin. Even when they have to worry about things I could never fathom, like how they are going to pay for food for their students, which they so desperately need. And even though it makes me sad to think about how hard the students' lives are, I know deep down that they are SO beyond lucky to attend Kechene. And I was lucky to teach there.

Always,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment